About this course
Join me in this study of The Five Levels of Attachment and explore where you are attached in your own life, how this can deepen and lighten up your relationships with family, friends and coworkers, as well as how you can better serve your clients in freeing themselves from attachments that are robbing them of Joy and Freedom.
This 5-week self-directed course is an exploration of the book The Five Levels of Attachment; Toltec Wisdom for the Modern World, by don Miguel Ruiz, Jr, which continues the self-exploration and deepening of The Four Agreements and The Fifth Agreement written by Miguel's father, don Miguel Ruiz.
The Five Levels of Attachment discusses our attachments to our beliefs. The 5 levels go from the zen-like non-attachment of Level 1 all the way up to the fanaticism of Level 5 where we are completely unaware of our beliefs as a choice.
I find this particularly interesting to study during this election year where there are more opportunities than ever to see how attachment plays out in the media.
Long a fan of don Miguel Ruiz' books, I traveled to Peru with don Miguel Ruiz as part of a group visiting holy places that included Machu Pichu. I met don Miguel Jr on that trip, so I feel a special connection when reading books by both don Miguel senior and junior. I also had a story of mine included in The Four Agreements Companion Book. Components of the class include:
- A video each week
- Assignments for self-study each week
- Additional resources
- Class work can be done as written essays or selfie videos.
- An area for discussing the course material, what you have discovered about your own beliefs and how it has changed your views.
It is not necessary to purchase the book in order to take this class, but it is a wonderful book, easy to read, and it isrecommended.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Student will be able to:
- Describe the 5 levels of attachment and give examples.
- Identify areas in their life where they have attachments that do not serve them
- Describe how this process can be used with clients or in a talk
To earn CEUs for this course, all assignments must be completed. You will not be able to proceed to the next module until you have responded to the questions for a module.
If you wish to receive 10 CEUs toward your Practitioner license renewal, CSL organization has 2 requirements:
1. That you take the course over a 2-day period for a maximum of 5 hours per day. The duration for the full course is 10 hours.
2. All CLU/CEU’s are verified and validated by the Senior Minister at your Center at the time of renewal.
If you have questions about this course, feel free to contact the instructor.
- Course overview
- What Are the Levels of Attachment?
- Exploring the Levels - Chapters 5 - 9
- The Biggest Demon
- Freedom to Choose
- Assumptions, Conflict and Emotions, Oh My!